AL AZ | CA | CO | DC | FL | GA | HI | IL | KS | KY | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | NC | NH | NJ | NV | NY | OH | OK | PA | RI | SC | TN | TX | VA | VT | WA | WV | Military
Support Groups in Illinois
- Type 1 Diabetes Lounge
Chicaoland's Education and Support Network
We fill the void that exists in the current healthcare system by offering monthly educational programs provided by medical and technical professionals. Topics include research updates, cutting-edge technologies, management techniques, lifestyle issues and creative problem solving. Founded in 1998, we are renowned in the Chicagoland area for our quality education and dedication to improve the lives of adults with type 1 diabetes. We really "get it" when it comes to life with diabetes and support one another. Join us at the Wilmette Public Library.
Northwest Community Hospital
800 West Central Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Support Groups information available from the Diabetes Services Department at 847-618-4475
- Evening Adult Group - For persons with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and their adult family members or significant others. The group meets the third Thursday of the month at 7:30 pm.
- Weekday Adult Group - For persons with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and their significant others. The group meets the third Tuesday (starting April 18th) of every month from 11:30 -12:30. (Bring a bag lunch, we'll supply the beverages.)
- Parents and Youth (10-13) - A group for parents of older kids who have diabetes meets the first Tuesday of the month 7:00pm to 8:00pm. (Meets September thru May, takes hiatus June, July and August.)
- Parents and Youth (5-10) - A group for parents of children who have diabetes meets concurrently with youth group on the second Tuesday of the month from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm. (Meets September thru May, takes hiatus June, July and August.)
- Toddlers - This group meets the second Thursday of the month at 9:30 am to 11:00 am.
> Back to Support Groups
To have your group's information and events highlighted in these pages, use our Feedback Form.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.