Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2012
19 December 2012
- FDA Clearance for the New OmniPod System.
12 December 2012
- T1D Exchange Announces Appointment of Dana Ball as Chief Executive Officer.
5 December 2012
- Novo Nordisk to create the world's first all-diabetes professional cycling team. See also World’s first diabetic cycling team to ‘rebuild’ sport’s image after Lance Armstrong affai.
- Diabetics Have Prospects For Better Self-monitoring Based On Texas A&M Research.
21 November 2012
- Sanofi and T1D Exchange to Launch Worldwide Study to Investigate Factors for Optimal.
14 November 2012
- Johnson & Johnson Family of Diabetes Companies Provides Diabetes Supplies to Children in Developing Countries. See also Life for a Child at the IDF web site.
31 October 2012
- Diamyd Medical Limits Further Investment in the Diabetes Vaccine.
- ViaCyte Receives $10.1 Million Strategic Partnership Award from CIRM to Continue Development of Diabetes Therapy (PDF).
24 October 2012
- Store-A-Tooth™ Banks on Finding a Cure for Type 1 Diabetes; Raises $5,000 for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in Boston.
- Tresiba® (insulin degludec) and Ryzodeg® (insulin degludec/insulin aspart) receive positive opinions from the European regulatory authorities.
3 October 2012
- LCT announces positive DIABECELL® Phase I/IIa trial.
- Store-A-Tooth™ Dental Stem Cell Banking Announces Commitment to “Find a Cure” for Type 1 Diabetes.
26 September 2012
- Diabetes Research Institute Foundation and Insulin Nation Team Up to Bring Research News to The Diabetes Community.
19 September 2012
- JDRF Announces Winners of the Theoretical Phase of Its Agnes Varis Glucose-Responsive Insulin Grand Challenge Prize.
- Riding On Insulin Awarded $77,000 Capacity-Building Grant from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.
- Biodel Announces Phase 2 Clinical Trial Initiation Of Ultra-Rapid-Acting Insulin Candidate BIOD-123.
- BD Introduces Advanced Needle Technology Designed to Enhance Patient Comfort and Improve Patient Adherence in Diabetes Care. See also New & Improved BD Nano with PentaPoint™ Comfort.
5 September 2012
- Pilots With Diabetes To Set National Speed Record.
- Helmsley Charitable Trust Sustainability Grant Awarded to Diabetes Hands Foundation.
22 August 2012
- World First - Islet Transplant Into Man Using Sernova's Cell Pouch(TM) For Treatment Of Diabetes.
- Bayer supports children with diabetes.
1 August 2012
- Lilly Supports Research to Determine What a Dog's Nose Knows About People with Diabetes and Severe Hypoglycemia; Data to inform assistance dog training procedures and to explore future treatment possibilities for people with type 1 diabetes. See also Talking Hypo Alert Canines…In the Dogs Days of Summer.
25 July 2012
- Diabetes Research Institute Awarded $4.6M to Take Islet Transplantation to Next Level.
- Walmart Launches Effort to Save Diabetes Patients Up to $60 Million Annually.
27 June 2012
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation Announces 2012 Scholarship Recipients; 21 Lilly Diabetes Tomorrow's Leaders Scholarships made available through Lilly Diabetes donation.
20 June 2012
- Lilly Diabetes Launches 8th Annual Diabetes Summer Camp Tour With Olympian Kris Freeman; Freeman to share his diabetes experiences with more than 1,500 campers.
- Lilly and Boehringer Ingelheim Present Data at the 72nd American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions® from Phase II Studies Comparing Investigational Novel Basal Insulin to Insulin Glargine.
13 June 2012
- JDRF and Novo Nordisk Establish R&D Collaboration for Type 1 Diabetes.
- JDRF and BD Collaborate to Develop More Accurate and Reliable Glucose Monitoring Devices for People with Type 1 Diabetes.
30 May 2012
- Omni Announces Type 1 Diabetes Trial Results. See also the OmniBio web site and Expanding the Clinical Indications for Alpha-1-Antitrypsin TherapyExpanding the Clinical Indications for Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Therapy.
2 May 2012
- Telcare's Wireless-Enabled Blood Glucose Monitoring System Wins 2012 Gold Edison Award.
25 April 2012
- JDRF Announces Research Collaboration with Dexcom, Inc. to Develop "Smart Transmitter" Technology to Accelerate Artificial Pancreas Studies.
- Country Music Star Teams up with Animas Corporation and four "Diabetes Heroes" on a Cross-Country Tour to Inspire Children and Adults Living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- U.S. FDA Clears Bayer HealthCare's CONTOUR® Next EZ Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
4 April 2012
- Lilly Diabetes supports Diabetes Scholars Foundation with $100,000 donation in 2012.
- FDA Approves Levemir® Pregnancy Category Change for Women with Diabetes. See also Levemir Approved For Diabetes During Pregnancy, USA.
- Market Withdrawal Notification For CoZmonitor® Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
21 March 2012
- Artificial Pancreas Approved for US Outpatient Testing. UVA’s Hand-held Device First to Receive FDA Approval for Outpatient Clinical Trials.
14 March 2012
- Insulindependence and the Diabetes Exercise and Sports Association Merge. See also the insulindependence web site.
7 March 2012
- Diabetes Research Institute Develops Revolutionary Oxygen-Generating Biomaterial to Enhance Islet Survival.
29 February 2012
- Study Of Next Step Toward Artificial Pancreas From Medtronic Meets Efficacy Endpoints.
15 February 2012
- Cellnovo Launches World’s First Mobile-connected Diabetes Management System With Largest Ever Usability Trial Of Insulin Pump Technology (PDF).
- Telcare Unveils New "MyTelcare Diabetes Pal" iPhone App. See the Telecare web site or the iTunes store for more information.
25 January 2012
- Novo Nordisk establishes type 1 diabetes R&D center in Seattle.
11 January 2012
- Roche receives clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the new ACCU-CHEK® Nano SmartView blood glucose monitoring system.
- KalVista Pharmaceuticals and JDRF form research partnership focused on novel approach for treating diabetic eye disease.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.