Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2006
31 December 2006
- New Hypertension Guidelines Fail to Improve Blood Pressure Control in People With Diabetes; Separate Study Finds Adolescent Pupil Size Predicts Later Complications.
3 December 2006
- GuardControl Study Shows Improved Glycemic Control in Type 1 Diabetes Using REAL-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
26 November 2006
- Autoimmune Disease Triggered If T Cells Miss Single Protein Early On.
19 November 2006
- Former 6' 11" NBA Center Goes Back to School to Raise Awareness for Diabetes.
- ADA Youth Advocate recruited to frontline in battle against diabetes.
- Diabetech® Extends Its Lead as The Premiere Real-time Diabetes Intervention Service Provider. See also Realizing Proactive Diabetes Care in the 21st Century by Stephen Ponder, M.D.
22 October 2006
- FDA Approves Once-Daily JANUVIA(TM), the First and Only DPP-4 Inhibitor Available in the United States for Type 2 Diabetes. See also the Januvia web site.
- Nature Biotechnology Announces Publication of Paper Describing Creation of Insulin-Producing Cells from Human Embryonic Stem Cells by Novocell's K.A. D'Amour, et al. See also Firm Reports Stem Cell Use for Making of Insulin.
15 October 2006
- Bayer offers Ascensia Contour meter to BD Logic users.
- Duke researchers find physician resistance hinders diabetics use of cutting edge technology.
8 October 2006
- Abbott To Provide A Free Blood Glucose Monitoring System To All Becton, Dickinson BD Logic® Patients.
- LifeScan to Provide a Blood Glucose Monitoring System at No Charge to All Becton, Dickinson BD Logic Patients.
- Alert for BD Logic® Meter Users: Roche Diagnostics Offers ACCU-CHEK® Blood Glucose Systems.
- October is Celiac Disease Awareness Month; Gluten-Free Food Solutions Are Increasing for Those with Celiac Disease.
1 October 2006
- BD To Exit Blood Glucose Monitoring Business.
- Lilly Announces LillyforLife(TM) Achievement Award Winners.
- Eli Lilly continues major contribution to Australian diabetes research and education.
- ACT nurses look to improve management of childhood diabetes by Australian families and clinicians.
24 September 2006
- Agua Dulce Teenager Receives LillyforLife™ Achievement Award.
17 September 2006
- 9-Year-Old Battling Celiac Disease Enjoys Pizza For The First Time.
27 August 2006
- Close-proximity wireless technology set to improve the management of diabetes.
13 August 2006
- Larry C. Deeb, MD, of Tallahassee, FL, Elected American Diabetes Association President, Medicine and Science.
- Joslin Diabetes Center Awards Victory Medal to New York Man Living 75 Years with Type 1 Diabetes.
- SpectRx, Inc. Announces Introduction of the SimpleChoice®twist 90-degree infusion set with 360-degree rotation.
23 July 2006
- Smiths Medical wins second design excellence award for groundbreaking insulin infusion set.
- Abbott Reminds US FreeStyle® and FreeStyle Flash® Blood Glucose Meter Users to Verify Units of Measure When They Test.
- Physical activity linked to improved glucose control in children with type 1 diabetes.
25 June 2006
- The Molecular Mechanism of a Diabetes Vaccine Revealed.
18 June 2006
- NASA and Universities Join to Fight Diabetes.
11 June 2006
- Studies Aim To Preserve Insulin Production In Type 1 Diabetes; Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Centers Begin New Trials.
28 May 2006
- Results from Diamyd(TM) study in 70 children with Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes to be presented at the European Diabetes Meeting.
- Phosphagenics announces positive preclinical trial results for its transdermal insulin formulation.
- Ocoee Beagle Who Saved Owner's Life Wins 2006 VITA Wireless Samaritan Award.
21 May 2006
- New Device Shows Great Promise To Improve Islet Transplantation In Patients With Diabetes.
14 May 2006
- La Jolla Institute For Allergy & Immunology Scientists Make Major Finding On Potential Cure For Type 1 Diabetes.
- BROTHER searching for the world's best Low GI snack. See Pricks and Pumps: Living with Diabetes for more information.
7 May 2006
- Clinician Presents Generex Oral-lyn(TM) Clinical Data at the Pediatric Academic Societies' 2006 Annual Meeting.
- James Shapiro, M.D. Joins Sanguine in Developing Islet Cell Transportation Testing.
30 April 2006
- New Meter Can Help People with Diabetes See the Relationship Between Food and Blood Sugar Control. See also Fact Sheet for the OneTouch® Ultra®2.
23 April 2006
- CleoTM 90 Infusion Set from Smiths Medical wins medical design excellence award.
- Type 1 Diabetes Patients on Technosphere Insulin Showed HbA1c Improvements, Low Post-Prandial Glucose Fluctuations, and Weight Loss.
16 April 2006
- Medtronic Receives FDA Approval for World's First Insulin Pump with Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring; MiniMed Paradigm® REAL-Time System Allows Patients to Make Immediate Diabetes Management Decisions; Marks Major Step Toward an Artificial Pancreas.
- Generex Biotechnology Announces Results of a Trial Using Generex Oral-lyn(TM) in Adolescent and Young Adult Patients With Type-1 Diabetes Mellitus.
9 April 2006
- The Ultimate Show–and-Tell: Former Hoops Star Participates in ACCU-CHEK Take Chris Dudley to School Contest for Parents of Children with Diabetes.
- Disetronic Medical Systems, Inc. Announces a Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of All ACCU-CHEK(TM) Ultraflex Infusion Sets.
- UVa Researchers Find Treatment that Reverses Type 1 Diabetes.
2 April 2006
- Novo Nordisk launches Levemir® in the United States.
- DexCom Receives FDA Approval For STS(TM) Continuous Glucose Monitoring System.
- Groundbreaking Human Clinical Trial for Type 1 Diabetes to Start This Spring in Pittsburgh.
- EMMC Reports on Byetta's Patient Results 11 Months After FDA Approval.
- Diamyd Medical To Participate In Seattle-Sweden Childhood Diabetes Awareness Day Event.
- New drug application for Galvus®, an innovative oral therapy for people with type 2 diabetes, accepted for review by FDA.
26 March 2006
- Tissera reports further encouraging results of its ongoing large animal experiments of pancreatic xenotransplantation.
- Canadian Diabetes Association Applauds Ontario Budget Commitment To Children With Diabetes.
- Children With Type 1 Diabetes Receive Access To Insulin Pumps And Insulin Pump Supplies Through Government Funding.
5 March 2006
- Apidra(R) - a New Rapid-Acting Insulin Analog - Is Now Available in the United States for Hyperglycemia in Adults with Type 2 and Type 1 Diabetes.
- GlucoPALS(TM) Diabetes Mentoring Program Results in Guaranteed Tighter Glucose Control.
26 February 2006
- Abbott Launches First Complete Blood Glucose Monitoring System Designed For Diabetic Cats And Dogs.
- Researchers Find Striking Difference Between Human And Animal Insulin-producing Islet Cells.
19 February 2006
- TolerRx Receives Orphan Drug Designation from FDA for TRX4 for the Treatment of New-Onset Type 1 Diabetes. See also Insulin Needs after CD3-Antibody Therapy in New-Onset Type 1 Diabetes. Also available in PDF format.
- Secure Supply Of Pork-based Insulin Welcomed; Canadian Diabetes Association and Society for Diabetic Rights welcome new supplier.
29 January 2006
- LillyforLifeTM Ambassador Kris Freeman Named to 2006 U.S. Olympic Ski Team. See also Freeman, Swenson Head Up U.S. Cross-Country Team, Kris Freeman's page at NBCOlympics.com, and Olympian Fights for Gold While Battling Diabetes, an ESPN video interview of Kris Freeman.
- Scott Verplank Takes His Best Swing at Diabetes.
- Group honors two area women for commitment to athletics.
- Ryan Lindner honored by Assemblyman Sweeney. See also Local Youth Recognized for Diabetes Awareness Efforts.
- Thriving with diabetes.
- The ups and downs of life with diabetes.
- At Harvard's Stem Cell Center, the Barriers Run Deep and Wide.
- Drug Maker's Efforts to Compete in Lucrative Insulin Market Are Under Scrutiny.
15 January 2006
- "Quilt for Life" Display Set For Washington D.C. Mall; Children's colorful and emotional quilts show the true face of diabetes.
- Pfizer to Acquire the Sanofi-Aventis Worldwide Rights to Exubera® (Inhaled Human Insulin).
- A Company That Cares - FLAVORx Develops Products to Accommodate Needs of Celiac Disease Patients.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.