Parents of children with diabetes are your best source of real-life information. These parents want to share their experiences with you.
- Aileen Cloet writes about her son's diagnosis
- Alicia C. Huck de Aste, from Argentina, shares her thoughts about sending treats to school
- Amy Shenkel shares her experiences from the diagnosis of her daughter Caitlin
- Andrea Grishman shares with us her feelings when her son Eric was diagnosed
- Anne Schultz recounts the diagnosis of her son Kurt at five weeks of age.
- Anne writes her son's diagnosis and how her family adjusted to life with diabetes
- Arlene Mishanie shares with us a poetry collection dealing with her family's experiences with diabetes. Both her husband and son have Type 1 diabetes.
- In Badge of Courage, Sheryl Hill shares with us the challenge that her son Tyler had being accepted by other kids in school.
- Barb Chafe, mother of 7 1/2 year old Erica, tells us about her experiences as the parent of a child with diabetes.
- Barbara Dougherty writes about her son's diagnosis
- Barbara writes about her family's struggles with diabetes through three generations
- Bernadette Axelrod offers advice about storing glucagon at school
- Bernice Mehok tells about meeting a friend from the Parents Chat Room
- Betsy Sale writes about her daughter Stephanie's use of an insulin pump.
- Brenda Richardson has Type 2 and her daughter has MODY. She's looking for other parents who have kids with MODY to share experiences and ideas.
- Bob Murray recounts the onset of diabetes in his son Jake.
- Bonnie Clark writes about My Sister Chantelle.
- Bonnie and Will Morneault recount their experiences with the diagnosis of their eleven-year-old son Max.
- Carol Ratcliff writes about preventing post-exercise hypoglycemia for her son Amos.
- Carol Turner writes about her daughter's diagnosis at two year of age
- Charla writes about her son Eric and the admiration his teacher and friends have for him
- Charlene Mann writes about her son Julian and why she wants a cure.
- Clare Pattison provides advice from her own experiences as well as those of parents who live near her.
- Dallas Simmons shares the experience of his daughter's diagnosis
- Danielle writes about her daughter Alexis, diagnosed at 17 months
- Dayse Taruselli writes about her feelings when her son was diagnosed.
- Deena Sheets shares the experience of her son's diagnosis
- Don Schmitz shares the experiences of his daughter's diagnosis and the daily challenge of living with diabetes.
- Doug and Mary share a story about their daughter's diagnosis and living with diabetes
- Ellen Hagarty writes about her daughter Melissa, who was diagnosed in February 1995 at the age of four.
- From a Mother's Heart is story of Chelsey's diagnosis, as told by her mother, Jane.
- Haley Monroe responds to people who say, "I could never do that!"
- Hannah's Story by Doug Beauregard tells about Hannah's diagnosis
- Heather and Scott Kyllo tell us about their son Chad, who was diagnosed in February of 1996.
- Jackie Thompson write about her daughter Meghan
- Janet Fitzpatrick shares with us her pride in Tori, her daughter with diabetes.
- Jeff and Brenda Hitchcock talk about Marissa's diagnosis when she was 24 months old and Marissa getting an insulin pump at 11 years old.
- Jolie Baron shares with us her experiences as single-parent of a child with diabetes.
- Judy Haley, tells us what life is like being the mother of two teens with diabetes--Corbin and Meredith.
- Judy Smith writes about her son, Stuart.
- Judy Stone tells us about diabetes and sleepwalking.
- Kathy writes about the diagnosis of her daughter Alisha
- Karla Whalen shares her thoughts about her daughter's diabetes, entitled "More Blessings Than Burden, But"
- Kerri Southard reminds us of the importance of being prepared for low blood sugar emergenices.
- Kim Evanovich reminds us to keep an eye on the big picture.
- Kristin Suchy reminds us of the importance of being alert to the signs of diabetes.
- Kristy Meanor assures other parents that "it will get easier to deal with each and every day."
- Kyle and Lesley Otwell share their feelings about their son's diagnosis and their efforts to help fund a cure
- Laura and Mike Gregus write about the diagnosis of their 18 month old daughter, Alicia.
- Laurie Ridgel shares her thoughts in a poem entitled Diabetes, A Day, My Child
- Laurie Tierney shares with us A Mother's Story.
- Laurie Wann writes that California Day Care Center Receives State Exemption to Operate Insulin Pump
- Lashawn, Zachary's mom, shares her feelings about her son's diagnosis
- Lindsay's Story by Angie Morgan tells about her daughter's experiences with diabetes
- Lyn Hickox, grandmother of Jessica, writes about Jessica's frightening experience with Todd's Paralysis caused by extreme low blood sugar.
- Mary Gillespie shares a conversation she had with her son
- A Mother's Moment In Time recounts one mother's experience with her son's diagnosis and her discovery of support on the Internet.
- Pam Wilson writes about dealing with Downs Syndrome and diabetes.
- Patti writes about her son Mathias.
- Peggy recounts for us the diagnosis of Dillon, her five year old son.
- Peggy Shupp writes about the importance of camp.
- Phil Jacobs writes about the challenges of caring for his young daughter
- Pinki Kiljunen from Finland shares the experience of her son's diagnosis
- Robin gives advice on Managing Baseball and Diabetes, My Son has Diabetes--He Couldn't Possibly have ADD too!, and The Importance of Having a Glucagon Emergency Kit on Hand at All Times.
- In Orion, from the October 1997 issue of Diabetes Forecast, Robin Nobles writes about her feelings when her son Ryan was diagnosed with diabetes.
- Renee, parent of 14 1/2 yr old Melissa, tells of her experience with an experimental meter.
- Rhonda writes her son's diagnosis
- Robin O'Callaghan shares what's it's like to have a child with diabetes from infancy.
- Sharon Tarca shares an article she wrote for her local JDF Chapter newsletter about diabetes resources on the Internet.
- Shelia Stover writes about her daughter Brooke.
- Shelly Tyler shares a poem she wrote entitled Yes, A 2 Year Old Can Get Diabetes.
- Sonia Chritton writes about "A Try At Prevention"
- Sue Tremblay asks, "Diabetes - Is there anything funny about it?"
- Susan Consorte writes about her hero, her daughter
- Susan Jones, from Australia, who writes about some scary times with her son Nicholas.
- Tara writes about her daughter Trinity
- Tina Williams shares with us the events leading up to her daughter Ally's diagnosis.
- Virginia writes her son's diagnosis
For More Information
- Read the diabetes poetry of Gary Hempleman.
- Famous Diabetics lists hundreds of famous people who have (or had) diabetes. No distinction is made between those with Type 1 and those with Type 2.
Use our feedback form to contribute your story.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.