Traveling from 2004
- Our family is planning a trip to Europe. Where can I get information about medical care for our son who has diabetes, should the need arise? (30 Dec 2004)
- My son will be traveling to Japan and will stay with a Japanese family. How can we make sure others know how to deal with medical emergencies? (9 Oct 2004)
- At a recent physical, my fasting glucose was slightly elevated. My A1c was 5.5% and fasting insulin was 3.5, abnormal, low. What does this mean? (15 Sep 2004)
- How risky is it for someone with type 1 diabetes to journey to India? (25 Aug 2004)
- How should my brother adjust his Lantus and NovoLog for a trip from Hong Kong to Los Angeles? (21 Aug 2004)
- I am going backpacking for the first time since I got my pump. Are there special precautions I should take? Where can I place my canulas? (21 Jul 2004)
- My daughter was just diagnosed with type 1 last week. How can we measure and avoid the temptation of all the food on board? (8 Jul 2004)
- I will be traveling to Paris and Athens this summer. Is glargine available in both countries? What do I do about a prescription? (30 Jun 2004)
- I plan to travel to South America and Asia. If I lose my diabetes supplies, can I get them in these countries? What if I have to get a different insulin? (26 Apr 2004)
- We are going to the beach for vacation. How do we keep sand out of the pump? (29 Mar 2004)
- On a recent trip to an amusement park, we were not allowed to take in our "low packs, " i.e. juice and snacks. How is this possible? Is this legal? (16 Mar 2004)
- My son uses a pump and we are going to Florida. Should I try to keep his diabetes supplies cool in the car? How do we keep the pump cool? (15 Mar 2004)
- After a recent flight, I discovered that my insulin pens had almost no pressure. Could this be related to the cabin pressure of the flight? (3 Mar 2004)
- We were told to take our son, who has type 1 diabetes, to the emergency room if he vomits. How do we handle this if we take him on a cruise? (3 Mar 2004)
- My wife and I are planning a world tour. Do you know how I can ship insulin cartridges to relatives we plan to visit? (20 Feb 2004)
Topical Index |
Current Traveling Questions |
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.