You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.
School and Daycare from 2006
- Do recent Supreme Court decisions in regards to Americans with Disabilities Act protections apply to children with diabetes? Can they still argue Section 504 protection? (24 Dec 2006)
- My teen son doesn't want to eat lunch at school to avoid a lunchtime shot. Can the school force him to eat when he doesn't want to do so? (20 Dec 2006)
- At school, my son was treated for a low differently from our protocol. Sent back to a test 10 minutes after being low, he did poorly. Should I ask that he be given a re-take? (22 Nov 2006)
- Is there any plan to set up screening for type 1 diabetes in schools? (27 Aug 2006)
- My son's school claims only a nurse can deal with my son's pump, but will not provide a full time nurse. What should I do? (11 Aug 2006)
- Where can I find information about school discrimination? (26 Jul 2006)
- At a daycare center, if a 10 year old is not eating well and leaves used diabetes supplies lying around, is there anything the facility can do to get the girl to be more cooperative? (29 Jun 2006)
- My daughter will be in pre-Kindergarten in the fall. What suggestions do you have for training the school staff? Where can I find out about other rights and options? (28 Jun 2006)
- Where can I find the Massachusetts law about in-classroom blood sugar testing? Is it legal for the school to prohibit in-classroom testing? (9 May 2006)
- My daughter's 504 doesn't seem to help with academic issues, such as missing class time when treating high and low blood sugars. What should I do? (19 Apr 2006)
- My daughter is going away to college in the fall. Can she request academic accommodations from college/professors? (1 Mar 2006)
- Where can I find information about my son's rights in school? We are new to the area and I don't know where to get help. (4 Feb 2006)
- The ADA has recommended I hire an attorney to fight for my son's right to self-monitor at school. Can you recommend someone? (1 Feb 2006)
Topical Index |
Current School and Daycare Questions |
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.