You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.
School and Daycare from 2005
- As a school aide, I was asked to train to check blood sugars for a student. I'm concerned because I'm not a health care professional. How is this handled elsewhere? (20 Dec 2005)
- My daughter's school wants to drop my daughter's 504 plan. What can I do about this? (25 Oct 2005)
- My daughter's teacher won't let her go to the bathroom and some teachers send her to the nurse alone. What are my daughter's rights? (25 Oct 2005)
- I am newly diagnosed. My school says I have to do my diabetes care in the office. Am I allowed to do it somewhere else? (25 Oct 2005)
- Does a school nurse in the state of Texas have the right to contact a student's physician without parental consent to obtain medical information? (25 Oct 2005)
- If a child qualifies for a free and or reduced lunch in a school district, is the child also able to have their snacks provided for? (10 Oct 2005)
- Is it legal for the school to penalize my child by giving him/her a different version of a test for one missed due to a diabetes-related absence? (5 Oct 2005)
- For now, my sixth grader walks to the nurse to check her blood sugar. Does she have the right to test in the classroom? (21 Sep 2005)
- My fifth grader is capable of doing her own diabetes care. Is it reasonable to ask that she no longer needs supervision taking care of her diabetes? (6 Sep 2005)
- How do I find out how much diabetes care my son's private Baptist school must do? I do not know if the school receives Federal funding. (26 Aug 2005)
- Are schools required to keep someone on the school grounds who can administer insulin? (19 Aug 2005)
- Is there a law that children with diabetes may keep their meters, glucagon and supplies in the classroom and that they may test in the classroom? (2 Aug 2005)
- Two brothers were recently diagnosed with type 1. They take their insulin for lunch, but don't always eat. What is their school's responsibility in this whole situation? (14 May 2005)
- Could you provide a guide for those of us who are sending our children with diabetes off to college, especially for those far from home? (27 Apr 2005)
- My son has attention problems. Could his eight years of high/low blood sugars have contributed to this? (26 Feb 2005)
- My son's school will not allow us to have a 504 plan. How do I get them to change their policy? (16 Feb 2005)
- What are the long-term consequences that diabetes will have on the life of my granddaughter, diagnosed at age two? (11 Jan 2005)
Topical Index |
Current School and Daycare Questions |
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.