Research: Cure from 2006
- Can you explain my nephew's antibodies' results? Other than taking insulin, is islet transplantation the best way to treat type 1 diabetes? (28 Oct 2006)
- What is your current opinion of paying to store umbilical cord blood for potential use in the future for treatment or cure of diabetes or other illness? (28 Oct 2006)
- If you have type 1, then get celiac, will your pancreas work if you eat gluten-free? If celiac causes type 1, would there be a cure, besides taking insulin and eating gluten-free? (21 Oct 2006)
- What do you know about the efforts of Dr. Walter Pierpaoli to cure type 1 with xenogeneic islet grafting with no rejection using mini pig islets? (4 Oct 2006)
- Can you explain how T cell destruction could help cure diabetes? Why haven't recipients of beta cell transplants regenerated islets? (27 Sep 2006)
- Where can one donate the placenta after giving birth? I am specifically looking for someone who will use the placenta for diabetes research. (2 Sep 2006)
- What do you know about BioEden, a company that stores baby teeth from which stem cells can be harvested? Is this technology a worthwhile investment? (28 Aug 2006)
- My daughter is newly diagnosed. Is there a way to harvest and freeze her functioning beta cells for possible use in the future? (23 Aug 2006)
- Is it true that the U.S. would rather profit from diseases than cure them? Can you tell me about the OmniPod? Does Canada have fewer medical restrictions? (19 Aug 2006)
- Since my diagnosis in 1977, I've heard that human clinical trials on things such as immune suppression would be in three to five years. Are there any ongoing trials? (7 Aug 2006)
- My son's blood sugar was 145 mg/dl [8.1 mmol/L]. Is this normal? How can I prevent my kids from getting type 1? Is anyone trying to find a cure? (21 Jun 2006)
- If Dr. Faustman's phase 1 clinical trials turn out promising and the trials continue, how long until the product becomes available to diabetics? (25 Apr 2006)
- If researchers could prevent type 1 and reverse it in the newly diagnosed, would they stop doing research to help longer time sufferers of the disease? (15 Apr 2006)
- When do you think scientists will find a cure for diabetes? Will they use dogs to help since dogs have a good sense of smell? (6 Apr 2006)
- Are there any islet cell transplantation trials for children? (17 Mar 2006)
- When will there be a continuous glucose sensor for children under 18? How will they deal with corrections at school? When will there be a true "artificial pancreas?" (6 Mar 2006)
- Have any of you ever heard of a cure for type 1 coming from tobacco? I saw a news article aout this. (13 Jan 2006)
Topical Index |
Current Research: Cure Questions |
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.