Other Illnesses from 2006
- Ever since I had a bladder infection that became a kidney infection, last year, I have bad bladder infections about twice a month. Why is this happening? (20 Dec 2006)
- My teen son has had two pulmonary infections recently. Could they be related to his diabetes? Are type 1 diabetics more susceptible to such infections? (28 Nov 2006)
- How does mononucleosis affect someone with type 1 diabetes? (6 Nov 2006)
- I have type 1 caused by an inflammation of the pancreas due to alcoholism. Since I am no longer drinking, could my pancreas again produce insulin? (6 Nov 2006)
- My son has had CA-MSRA three times in four months. What are the consequences of repeatedly contracting MRSA for a diabetic? (9 Oct 2006)
- The diabetes doctor says my son has "diabetic diarrhea," but the GI doctor says there is no such thing. Medications do not help. Do you have any suggestions? (2 Oct 2006)
- My daughter, who was diagnosed with type 1 in March, has had a viral illness with fever twice. Is it caused by high blood sugars or causing the high blood sugars? (28 Sep 2006)
- I've had type 1 for about 20 years. Since giving birth last November, I've had chronic diarrhea. What do you think is causing it? What should I do? (28 Aug 2006)
- My son was diagnosed with type 1 shortly after his last PAFPA episode. Is there any relationship between PAFPA and the diagnosis of type 1? (14 Mar 2006)
- Despite antibiotics and extra insulin, my six year old still has highs and ketones. What could be going on? What could have cause blood in her stool? (9 Mar 2006)
- My eight year old daughter is obese and has hyperinsulinemia. The local children's hospital won't see her until she's 10. What do you recommend? (1 Mar 2006)
- Recent blood work showed my son's alkaline phosphatase level was high. I am worried about bone cancer. Should he see a specialist? (21 Feb 2006)
- I am 16 and have had type 1 for eight years. I have been having numbness in my right foot. Is it related to my diabetes or my Chiari 1 malformation? (28 Jan 2006)
- My toddler has Down Syndrome and hyperthyroidism, which I've heard often go hand in hand with diabetes. When should I have her tested for diabetes? (13 Jan 2006)
- My daughter was diagnosed with ketotic hypoglycemia and put on a diet to regulate her blood sugars. She is to have more tests soon. Are we overlooking anything? (4 Jan 2006)
- I'm 21 and have had type 1 for about 11 years. I've had carpal tunnel syndrome for two years. Is this connected to my diabetes? (4 Jan 2006)
Topical Index |
Current Other Illnesses Questions |
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.