Hyperglycemia and DKA from 2012
- If a teen with diabetes has an A1c over 10, what will happen? I cannot afford a pump and have forgotten my insulin to carbohydrate ratio. Every day, I wake up over 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]. (25 Jun 2012)
- I will be on steroids for at least six months due to pertussis. My A1c has always been under 7.1 and I am wondering about the effects of the steroids. Will I be more prone to DKA? (16 Apr 2012)
- Since January, my daughter has been bedridden with pain after DKA in December. She also had Lyme disease, DKA again and ongoing pain. What do you suggest to help with her pain and get her back to normal? (10 Apr 2012)
- At the doctor for a weight check, my daughter had a random blood glucose of 298 mg/dl [16.6 mmol/L]. The doctor wanted to run other tests. What could they be? Does she have diabetes? (4 Apr 2012)
- An endocrinologist said my daughter has type 1 diabetes, that she needs insulin. I am hoping that her blood sugar will go down with diet and medication. What type of diabetes does my daughter have? (31 Mar 2012)
- Because of medical neglect by her family, a child has been placed in my care. She has poor eating habits and has been in DKA several times. How can I get her to change her habits, take better care of herself? (14 Feb 2012)
- My daughter has been ill twice recently and I've had to increase her insulin significantly. Should I be concerned? Is there anything you recommend I do? (3 Jan 2012)
Topical Index |
Current Hyperglycemia Questions |
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.