Genetics and Heredity from 2004
- During my pregnancy, a geneticist said my child would not be at risk for type 1, but my daughter was just diagnosed. Did the geneticist make a mistake? (28 Nov 2004)
- Both my husband, his brother and their late father have/had diabetes. My son is drinking more and soaking his diapers. Is he at risk for diabetes? (24 Nov 2004)
- My boyfriend and I both have type 1. What are the chances that our children would also have type 1? (17 Nov 2004)
- What are the signs of type 1 diabetes? Are children that are born to type 2 diabetic moms more prone to having type 1 diabetes? (16 Nov 2004)
- Given that people can get type 1 when older, and children get their genes from their parents, are parents ever tested to see if they are genetically predisposed? (18 Aug 2004)
- Is it true diabetes can skip generations? (25 May 2004)
- I've read that siblings have an increased chance of also getting type 1 diabetes. Is this common? Should I test my sons with Ketostix? (20 May 2004)
- If a parent has a thyroid problem, does it mean his/her children are at higher risk for developing diabetes? (8 Apr 2004)
- Is there a genetic link between diabetes and Native Americans? My dad, type 2, has several heath problems. What does he need to do? (22 Mar 2004)
- How many families have siblings with type 1? What is type 1b diabetes? Is it possible to wean my children off insulin with diet and exercise? (14 Mar 2004)
- Are the causes of diabetes more genetic or environmental? Can you explain about the different types of diabetes? (14 Mar 2004)
- I recently took the three hour glucose tolerance test, had two high readings, one normal. Should I be concerned that my baby will have diabetes? (14 Mar 2004)
- I have had type 1 diabetes for 13 years. My girlfriend also has it. What are the consequences for our marriage? (9 Mar 2004)
- Is there a relationship between myasthenia gravis and type 1 diabetes? (7 Mar 2004)
- My twins are a little overweight. Their dad has diabetes and leukemia. Are my children at risk for diabetes? If so, how can I prevent it? (6 Mar 2004)
- Given our family history of type 1 diabetes, will the use of cow's milk spoil the benefits of breast feeding? My daughter is now primarily breast fed. (27 Feb 2004)
- My son was diagnosed at the young age of 15 months. My husband has type 1. What are the chances that our next child will get the disease? (11 Feb 2004)
Topical Index |
Current Genetics and Heredity Questions |
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.