Complications from 2010
- I have heard that blood sugar fluctuations can cause long term damage. What is the latest research on this? Are blood swings just as detrimental as high A1cs? (8 Dec 2010)
- My eight-year-old daughter's last urine test showed protein. Can the protein be there because my daughter was not fasting? If further tests show protein, what's next? (6 Nov 2010)
- My teen daughter has been taking lisinopril for kidney damage. Despite working hard to control her diabetes, recent tests were still elevated. Why is this? (20 Oct 2010)
- I was diagnosed with neuropathy, presumably connected to my diabetes. If I continue to improve the control of my diabetes, might I reverse or slow its progression? (11 Aug 2010)
- I have a large varicose vein on my pelvic bone. My doctor said this is probably a complication of my type 1 diabetes. Is this possible? (10 Aug 2010)
- I started an ACE inhibitor due to high albumin. My albumin is now fine, but my creatinine was low. What does this mean? Am I doing ok, as my doctor has indicated? (27 Jul 2010)
- Diagnosed with gastroparesis, my daughter has been placed on a feeding tube. She is still having difficulties. Is there a more effective way of treating this? (5 May 2010)
- The cardiologist thinks my son's microalbuminuria might be sports related, while the nephrologist disagrees. How do we determine its cause? (12 Feb 2010)
- Can long term use of metformin cause kidney damage? If so, will the damage reverse itself after stopping metformin? (6 Jan 2010)
- I've had diabetes for 10 years. Twice, I have had abnormal spot urine tests, but a normal 24-hour test. The doctor wants me on an ACE inhibitor. Can diet affect the deterioration of the kidneys? (5 Jan 2010)
Topical Index |
Current Complications Questions |
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.