  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.

Question:

From Irving, Texas, USA:

My son's 504 was put into place on March 31, 2008. The school notified me today that I was responsible for conducting a meeting or renew his management plan/504, since one year was approaching. I can't find anything that states otherwise, only if/when he changes school will this be necessary. Can you please help me with how to handle this?

Answer:

Section 504 Plans are usually updated annually - either at the end of the current school year or right before the commencement of the next school year. It is the school's reasonability to convene a meeting of the team to update the plan. For more information, see the ADA's web page on School Discrimination and call 1-800-DIABETES and ask for ADA's school discrimination packet.

CJ

DTQ-20090309232806
Original posting 14 Mar 2009
Posted to School and Daycare

  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.