Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Belleville, New Jersey, USA:

A friend of mine has young daughter who has diabetes; she has a virus that destroys the insulin and increases the sugar level in her blood. The young girl lives in Egypt and doctors there could not diagnose or know the type of virus. The girl is looking for a treatment outside of Egypt and looking for a hospital that will accept her case. Where can my friend find help?


This scenario does not sound too likely. Any pediatric endocrinologist should be able to sort this out. In Cairo, there are several, including Amira A.M. Adly who may be able to help.


Original posting 8 Nov 2008
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.