Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Chatham, Illinois, USA:

My blood sugar is 300 mg/dl [16.7 mmol/L] and I am having problems getting it to stay down even after heavy exercise and eating right. Could it be my meter?


Your question should be relatively easy to answer You should have some way of testing a standard glucose solution provided with your meter or available for purchase to be used with the meter. By using this test solution with your meter, you can tell whether you are getting the desired results or not. Another way of addressing this is comparing results with your meter with those obtained in your doctors' office. Finally, you can address this with your diabetes education team at your present location.


Original posting 20 Nov 2006
Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.