Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Yarmouth, Maine, USA:

My 17 year old son has basically been non-compliant with regard to his diabetes care for approximately the last nine months. For the school year, he lives in the Springfield/Amherst, Massachusetts area and we are looking for a family therapist who is good with teens, is also a CDE, and practices in that area. Do you have any contacts or suggestions?


Unfortunately it is very hard to find therapists that are knowledgeable about diabetes management and it is even more rare that the therapist would also be a CDE. I do have the name of one therapist in Western MA, but I don't know if this number is still current. His name is Dr. Paul Fleicsmann and his number was 413-253-2600. I believe he has experience working with teens with diabetes. I would also ask for a mental health referral from your son's diabetes health care team. You may also want to call the local American Diabetes Association office and/or the local Juvenile Diabetes and Research Foundation chapter in western Massachusetts and ask for referrals.


Original posting 31 Jul 2006
Posted to Mental Health and Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.