Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Shalimar, Florida, USA:

My son is being denied his right to be able to test whenever the needs arises and the school he currently attends to does not provide an adequate amount of trained diabetes personnel. I've contacted the American Diabetes Association about this and they agree that his rights are being violated. I've been told to find an attorney to file a case against the school and school board. My problem is I'm having a difficult time finding an attorney. Can you recommend any attorneys that can assist me with this problem? My son is in the fourth grade and is nine years old and very capable to do his own glucose monitoring.


It can be difficult to find an attorney qualified to handle an educational discrimination matter. Many attorneys register willingness to accept clients referred through their local or state bar associations. In Florida, the Florida Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service can be reached at 1-800-342-8011 or, through its web page. You could also contact your county bar association by looking for their listing in your telephone directory.


Original posting 1 Feb 2006
Posted to Other and School and Daycare


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.