  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.

Question:

From McKinney, Texas, USA:

Does a school nurse in the state of Texas have the right to contact a student's physician without parental consent to obtain medical information?

Answer:

Federal privacy laws require a signed authorization (by patient/parent/guardian) in order for your child's health care provider to release information. For more information, see the American Diabetes Association's web page on School Discrimination or call 1-800-DIABETES.

CJ

DTQ-20051018185610
Original posting 25 Oct 2005
Posted to School and Daycare

  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.