Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Kansas City, Missouri, USA:

I'm looking for a device that my grandson can wear that will monitor his blood sugar continuously. Is there such a device?


At present (April 2005), there is only one continuous glucose sensor that is FDA approved and that is the GlucoWatch. This device uses an electric current to draw fluid out from the skin, which is measured for glucose. Some people find the electric current to be quite irritating and cannot use the device. Some people have no problem with it.

Several companies are working on continuous glucose sensors that do not suffer from the skin irritation problem of the GlucoWatch.


Original posting 27 Apr 2005
Posted to Research: Monitoring and Blood Tests and Insulin Injections


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.