Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Tavistock, Devon, England:

I would like to travel to Australia for six months to a year. I'm concerned about how to manage my diabetes within this time. Do I need to take insulin supplies with me? Do I need to get a specialist while I'm there? How do I go about doing all of this?


I don't know the precise procedure but your general practitioner should be able to advise you. However, you certainly don't have to carry a six month insulin supply. I suggest you contact the Australian Embassy in London.


[Editor's comment: See also a previous question about travel to Australia. BH]

Original posting 21 Mar 2005
Posted to Traveling and Daily Care


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.