Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Bidwell, Ohio, USA:

My boyfriend has diabetes and has no health insurance, and they won't give him a medical card. He cannot go to the doctor to get his medicine, and he cannot afford to pay for it. He has a hospital bill and cannot go back until he pays it? What can he do to be able to get his medicine and go to the doctor? I am very worried about him because he has been feeling really bad. I am scared that something is going to happen to him. Is there anything at all we can do?


Two options that come to mind:

  1. Your friend should contact the local government social services agency to see if he qualifies for Medicaid.
  2. Your friend should take a job, any job, that offers health insurance.


[Editor's comment: Also, see Financial Aid and Paying for diabetes expenses at the Diabetes Monitor. WWQ]

Original posting 26 Sep 2003
Posted to Insurance/Costs


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.