Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Bridgeport, New York, USA:

I am a 25 year old who has had type 1 diabetes for almost eight years, and I was on Medicaid. Since I recently got married, they have cancelled my Medicaid, and I have no way of getting any of my medications or medical visits.


I believe that you can obtain services without cost at the nearby State Medical School. If that is not available to you I would ask your social services department if there is a free clinic for residents of your county. If you or your spouse are a member of an Indian tribe, you can obtain medical services through Tribal Services.


Original posting 30 Apr 2003
Posted to Insurance/Costs


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.