Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Norman, Oklahoma, USA:

I'm getting ready to do some traveling in Europe over the summer, and I'm taking NPH and Regular. What do I need to be able to buy my insulin in England? Do I need a prescription from my doctor here?


You would need a prescription written by a U.K. registered physician to obtain insulin. You should therefore take all the supplies you need with you. If there was a crisis, you could get this at any hospital emergency room or from any family doctor's office, especially if you had with you a prescription from your own doctor. R ands NPH are both available.


[Editor's comment: Also see Also see our Flying With Diabetes Supplies and Traveling with Diabetes pages. SS]

Original posting 5 Jul 2002
Posted to Traveling


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.