Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From the United Kingdom:

My uncle, who lives in India and is suffering from diabetes, wants to test his sugar regularly, and I want to purchase a meter for him, if available on the open market. Can you please suggest a good meter?


You might first want to look at Blood glucose Meters which provides descriptions and reviews of most available blood glucose meters.

Of the recommended meters, I would choose either the FreeStyle, which is quite small, or the more sophisticated One Touch® Ultra. Both meters can use the almost painless forearm site.

It was not clear whether your uncle is going to be living permanently in India or just visiting. If it is the former, you are going to have to contact the meters' website to find out if the test strips are readily available there or whether you will need to keep him supplied.


Original posting 12 Apr 2002
Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.