  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.

Question:

From Kempsey, New South Wales, Australia:

My best friend has diabetes, and we were wondering what the cost of diabetes is to the Australian community.

Answer:

Try starting with Diabetes Australia.

DOB

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

Best way to answer for you would be to direct you to the Diabetes Australia or the Australian branch of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation -- they'll have the most current information. The International Diabetes Federation website also has country by country statistics, at least in a booklet you can purchase, if not at their website as well.

SB

DTQ-20020226020540
Original posting 9 Mar 2002
Posted to Insurance/Costs

  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.