Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Liverpool, England:

I have diabetes, and I am worried that there will be loads of people looking after me who don't really know me! Who is involved in the care of people with diabetes? What do they all do?


I find it pretty depressing that you have to ask this question on-line. You must ensure that each member of the diabetes team looking after you identifies him/herself and his/her role.

Basically, you will have a Consultant (in charge of the team), a Diabetes Nurse Specialist who has special expertise in teaching all of the skills required and a dietitian who will advise re healthy eating. Other team members may include psychologists and social workers who will contribute if required.


Original posting 28 Nov 2001
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.