Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Dumfries, Virginia, USA:

My three year old son has had type 1 diabetes for two years. Do you know of any studies for a child that age? If so, please send me some information as to where I can sign him up for a study.


Sorry, but I am not aware of any clinical research studies or protocols that involve such a young child with type 1 diabetes. Most research studies involving folks with type 1 diabetes involve older adults, who often already have complications. However, your family might qualify for a national study looking to prevent diabetes in people at high risk, such as being related to a patient with type 1 diabetes. Ask your son's diabetes team for the closest center involved in the DPT-1.


Original posting 18 Oct 2001
Posted to Research: Other Research


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.