Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From North Richland Hill, Texas, USA:

I got diagnosed with diabetes, and a friend has a tester called a [brand name of a meter]. How can I get one?


I see that you live in Texas, where the state law supports people with diabetes by providing diabetes education and blood testing supplies. I suggest you talk with your physician about this and get a prescription for the meter and strips to use with it. Also ask your physician about seeing a diabetes educator who can help you learn about taking care of yourself and how the blood test results can help you make decisions about your diabetes.


[Editor's comment: It's possible that after you look at all the meters that are available (see Blood Glucose Meters), you and your diabetes educator might decide that a different meter is really the best for you! WWQ]

Original posting 14 Nov 2000
Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.