Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Lindsborg, Kansas, USA:

Any new ideas for getting test strips for indigent folks with minimal income, no insurance, and who don't qualify for state medicaid? I'm a hospital social worker who frequently runs into kids and adults who fall into this category.


I keep asking our medical social worker who says that you should be able to claim on Medicare if you have a 'disability'. However, not all states accept diabetes as a disability. There should also be a second tier of benefit up to I think one and a half times the poverty level. A hospital medical social worker should be able to get details from the State Health Department.


Original posting 13 Nov 2000
Posted to Social Issues: Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.