  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.

Question:

From Chantilly, Virginia, USA:

We have an child (age 11) who will be attending an overnight camp for one week. It is not a diabetes camp. The camp is aware of our child's diabetes and has a certified EMT on staff. Our child is able to provide his own care. Do you have a suggested outline for a letter of instruction that we can provide the camp?

Answer:

I would prepare something based on a letter to school. We have the following resources which you can use:

From Diabetes Management at School, the following might be best:

JSH

DTQ-20000806082227
Original posting 12 Sep 2000
Posted to Social Issues: School and Daycare

  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.