  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.

Question:

From California, USA:

I have an eight year old daughter with type 1 diabetes. She has chosen to eat at school in the cafeteria. The school says that they need her diet broken down into ounces. I am not sure how to do that. I know she is on a 1600 calorie diet.

Answer:

I am sorry I cannot help you with your problem. I am hoping you have a diabetes dietitian to call who can assist the school in obtaining the information they need. I don't understand the need for the diet in ounces and have never heard of anyone asking for that. If you have a meal plan you might contact the school nurse to have her assist you. I hope you can find some help.

JM

[Editor's comment: I do not understand why the school would need such information. You should be able to tell them the amount of carbs she needs for lunch. Does she have a 504 plan in place? SS]

DTQ-20000620112830
Original posting 27 Jul 2000
Posted to Social Issues: School and Daycare and Meal Planning, Food and Diet

  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.