  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.

Question:

From Orchard Park, New York, USA:

My 10 year old son was diagnosed 2 years ago and I am still trying to get the 504 disability act in place at his school. Can you give me any guidelines to follow when I do finally meet with them? Also is there any guidelines to give to his gym teacher or coaches for sport activities?

Answer:

Look at Diabetes Management at School. There is a sample letter for the physical education teacher.

SS

DTQ-20000308112926
Original posting 29 May 2000
Posted to Social Issues: School and Daycare

  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.