  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.

Question:

From Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA:

Are there any concerns, either medical (blood borne pathogens) or legal, which pertain to glucose testing in the classroom for a 10 year old? We desire to negotiate for "in classroom testing" for many reasons, rather than repeated trips to the nurses office. The child is on an insulin pump.

Answer:

To help you in your arguments with the school, see Settlement Reached in Board of Education Lawsuit; School Children with Diabetes Nationwide May Benefit.

JSH

DTQ-20000310141817
Original posting 28 May 2000
Posted to Social Issues: School and Daycare

  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.