Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From East Springfield, Pennsylvania, USA:

I have a 8 1/2 year old son with diabetes. How do we get on any studies or trial programs? I would be very interested in getting more involved.


To get involved in diabetes research studies you should first contact your diabetes care team. They should have knowledge of research in your local area. You may also contact the ADA and JDF local or state chapters for information.

Your family can participate in the Diabetes Prevention Trial Type 1 by calling 800-HALT DM1 to find a screening site near you.

JDF is having a Childrens Congress in June 1999 in Washington DC to raise awareness and help increase funding for diabetes research. You may wish to participate in this very worthwhile project. Contact JDF for more information.

Congratulations on wanting to be more involved. I too said I wanted to "get more involved" when my daughter was diagnosed 9 years ago and now I am employed directly in diabetes research at the local and national level.


Original posting 17 May 1999
Posted to Research: Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.