Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Colorado, USA:

My son (5 years old) is constantly thirsty, has a problem with accidents and when he has an open cut it takes longer than usual to heal. We have just begun to suspect diabetes. Is this a viable worry and how do we find a pediatrician in our town who specializes in this disease?


First things first: contact your son's physician, and get a blood sugar test done. If it's elevated, ask your son's physician for a referral.

(See Symptoms of Diabetes at Children with Diabetes and Symptoms of Diabetes at Diabetes Monitor for listings of the symptoms of diabetes.)


Original posting 29 Mar 1998
Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.