Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Fulton, Kentucky, USA:

Where is the best place to get comprehensive treatment for complications due to diabetes? My friend is a 36 year old male who has had diabetes (Type I) since he was 13. He is now having heart, kidney and eye problems. He just got out of the hospital from his third heart surgery. He is also having complications with his eyes and some kidney function loss. Please don't tell me to ask my doctor or his, as neither specializes in comprehensive approach to treating diabetes. I would also like to know the closest specialized treatment center in my area as well as the best anywhere.


If your friend is interested in seeking other care, he could contact the closest diabetes center. A good endocrinologist or primary care team would be able to coordinate the myriad of specialists needed for your friend. The American Association of Diabetes Educators [at 1-800-TEAMUP4] can give you names of diabetes educators that might be able to direct him to an appropriate source.


Original posting 23 Feb 1998
Posted to Daily Care


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.