Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Ohio, USA:

I am a foreign student doing my Ph.D in America. I am going to bring over my 6-year old son who has Type 1 diabetes. Is it possible to buy the appropriate insurance which would cover all supplies and doctor visits? Could you please give me any advice? I have student insurance. Will my son get my student discounts?


I suggest you speak to the health service at your university to find out what coverage they provide for children of insured students.


Original posting 8 Jun 97


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.