Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Louisiana, USA:

My father has hereditary diabetes and now I am starting to experience some of the symptoms. I don't know what to do and need more information. I am too scared to tell my parents because I do not want them to worry. Need advice from someone who knows what they are talking about. Please help.


If you're concerned about possible diabetes, talk to your doctor, or to your school nurse, or the County Public Health Nurse. They can do a fingerstick blood sugar level that should be able to help to tell whether you have diabetes or not, and they can help you decide what to tell your parents.


Original posting 3 Feb 97


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.