You are viewing an archived version of this web site that is no longer maintained. Please visit cwd.is for our current site.
There's nothing like expert advice to help you through a problem. Our experts are adults and teens who've grown up with diabetes. They're eager to share their experiences and wisdom.
- Ben Cooper describes the cocktail of supplements that has kept him free from type 1 diabetes
- Bill Bell receives first 75-year-on-insulin award from Lilly in August 2004
- Brenda is interested in the insulin pump
- Christian just received a pancreas transplant to cure his Type 1 diabetes
- Emily is 20 and was diagnosed when she was nine
- Ruth Beck, who developed diabetes after the birth of her second child
- Henry K. Bentley, living with insulin-dependent diabetes since 1943
- Marc Blatstein shares with us his experiences living with Type 1 diabetes in The "Can Dos" vs. the "Can't Dos" of Diabetes and Winning With Diabetes and Tae Kwon Do.
- Laura Cackowski writes about being teased and bullied as a teen
- Dr. Claudia Chaufan, an endocrinologist and diabetes educator with Type 1 diabetes for over 25 years
- Ivannia Diaz, who writes about children with diabetes in Costa Rica
- George Forrest emphasizes that you can be in control of diabetes
- Jessica is 19 and attends college
- Julie is 19 and is studying to be a nurse
- Julian from Australia, a keen sailboarder and sailer.
- Norm L. Hefner, living with insulin-dependent diabetes since 1947
- Alfonso Javier Castro Ibarra, who tells us about diabetes in Mexico in both his native Spanish and in an English translation.
- Mie Kaieda lives in Tokyo, Japan
- Bill King writes about how important exercise is to everyone's health
- Jeff Lambert, a personal fitness trainer and diabetic since age three
- Rick Largent received the first LillyforLifeTM Achievement Award
- Brian Mozisek, who write about his pump experiences
- Ivan Scheblykin, from Russia, tells us about how athletics has helped him reduce his insulin needs
- Dr. Marco Songini is a diabetologist from Italy who also has Type 1 diabetes
- Maureen has type 1 diabetes and is a police officer
- Michelle Spaulding writes about Insulin Pumps and HMOs.
- Norma is 25 and shares her experience of being diagnosed at 15
- Patrick is from eastern France and is now running marathons
- Cliff Tener has had Type 1 diabetes for 35 years
- Damon Vailati is 22 years old and is currently a personal trainer and aspiring fitness model.
- Richard Vaughn has lived with type 1 diabetes for over 65 years
- Donna Zegalia, who celebrated 27 years with juvenile diabetes in May 1996
Other pages by or about adults with diabetes
The poetry of Gary Hempleman, a long-time CWD visitor who passed away in December 2002, is organized online at DiabetesPoetry.com.
- Diabetes Stories presents audio recordings of the life-stories of 50 people diagnosed with diabetes between 1927 and 1997.
- CureWalk recounts the journey of Will Cross, who has had type 1 diabetes for 26 years and walked 730 miles over 60 days from the Antarctic coast to the South Pole as part of the NovoLog Ultimate Walk to Cure Diabetes.
- Diabetic Mommy provides resources and support to diabetic women of all types (type 1, type 2, gestational diabetes) in all states of life (pregnancy, conception, parenting).
- Famous Diabetics lists hundreds of famous people who have (or had) diabetes. No distinction is made between those with Type 1 and those with Type 2.
- Sebastien Sasseville Inspires
Last Updated: (none)
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.